Monday, February 14, 2011

One day at a time...

Well, I haven't been hitting up the gym as much as I should lately, not enough to make myself feel real good about myself, but I know I am doing what I can, and that's something, right?

Yesterday: 1 hr at the gym, 5 min warm up & 55 mins of weights - and believe me, I've been lifting as heavy as I can while still getting my reps in.

Today: 50mins of cardio at home on the elliptical.

Tomorrow: 1 hr at the gym doing another weight workout.

I really need to push myself more at the gym. Maybe I should invest in a personal trainer? I keep looking at sessions offered for discounted prices on various classified communities, however, I still can't justify the price tag. $60/month at the gym & then another $60 minimum on a trainer each month (and that's only twice a month)....that's an expensive endeavor.

Then I think of the bootcamp classes I took prior to joining the gym.... they are responsible for getting me basically to the point I am now.... did I make a mistake & quit them because I was bored, or did I do the right thing joining the gym? I thought of doing two classes per week, but to justify $200 for 6 weeks - that's a hard pill to swallow as well on top of my gym membership.

Maybe I'm just being impatient, maybe I should give myself atleast 6 months at the gym to determine what I should do. Perhaps if I get all my credit cards paid off, maybe I should reward myself with a personal trainer?

Not sure what to do....

PS: I haven't weighed myself at all in the last 4 days. I'm actually avoiding the scale. Plan on weighing in this saturday.

1 comment:

  1. good luck, it's always a question whether a trainer/coach can improve your experience as much as you think (or more sometimes)

    ReplyDelete